Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time to pack...

Marathon weekend is almost here. Tomorrow I'll be taking the bus to NYC and heading to the expo to pick up my bib number and goody bag. I should be packing right now but I'm still lazing around. The past few days have been pretty busy research-wise and I haven't been resting well. I didn't do any running this week, went for a spinning class on Monday and that's it.

Charging my cellphone, Garmin watch and iPod now. I'm not planning to bring my iPod or camera to the race. I think my mind would be too caught up in the "fun" or more likely the "agony" of the run that I won't be in the right mood to snap pictures. But I'm pretty sure there will be many things that I will see on Sunday that I will wish I had my camera with me.

I'm bringing some of my own food to NYC: bread, peanut butter, strawberry jam, banana, clif bars (white chocolate macadamia). All that will be for breakfast on Sunday morning. There will be bagels at the start area but I'm not a fan of bagel with nothing...tough, chewy, dry bread :P

Now I need to decide if I should bring my laptop with me - to NYC, not to the race!

I was watching a Runner's World video last night. Ryan Hall's advice is to be in the moment and not worry about the miles ahead of me. I'll try my best to follow that advice.

Here's a video that shows the NYC marathon course:

No comments:

Post a Comment