Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 17: Run/Walk 60 minutes

Week 12 (second run): Run/Walk 60 minutes

Thursday (5:51pm)
Distance: 4.29 miles
Duration: 1:05:25
Pace:
Shoes: Nike Lunarglide
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 17C, 68% humidity

Reminder: Do not venture out to the track or trail on Thursday evenings!

Cross country season is on. I went out for my 1 hour run on the track but I was met with a whole bunch of college runners in training. They were everywhere: Running clockwise and counter-clockwise on the track; running across the parking lot; running on the wrong side of the road.

Needless to say I was very intimidated by the sight of them (even in my rocket science shoes!). I decided not to venture onto the track and kept walking to search for another place to run, preferably a soft and flat surface.

And I kept walking and walking. After about 30 minutes of walking and searching, I decided I should just get back to the track and get some of my running in. When I got back to the track, the athletes were gone. But there wasn't much light left, so I only managed 30 minutes of run 3 minutes: walk 2 minutes.

No left knee pain.





My rocket science shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment