Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26: Run/Walk 1.5 hours

Week 13 (first run): Run/Walk 1.5 hours

Saturday (3:25pm)
Distance: 4.80 miles
Duration: 1:12:58
Pace: 15:12
Shoes: Nike Lunarglide
Weather: Cloudy, 17C

Caught a cold on Tuesday and spent the whole week nursing that cold and I'm still not over it yet. Today, I finally went out for my first run since last Sunday's long run. I did "run 1 minute: walk 2 minutes." ITBS pain did not flare up but I definitely felt the IT band tighten went I ran up a hill.

It's counter-intuitive, instead of running slow to avoid pain, I have to remind myself to go fast to avoid the pain.

With the NYC marathon about one month away, I have pretty much raised the white flag, surrendered, and crawled away from the grueling marathon training.

I may try a 4-hr run/walk for the next 2 weekends. Probably using a light routine like today's "run 1 minute: walk 2 minutes." If I can survive this last month with no ITBS flare-up, I may attempt a "run 1 minute: walk 1 minute" on marathon day. Worse come to worst, I'll walk the whole marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment