Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 18: Run/Walk 45 minutes

Week 12 (third run): Run/Walk 45 minutes

Friday (11:07am)
Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 45:21
Pace: 13:56
Shoes: Nike Lunarglide
Weather: Partly cloudy, 16C, 89% humidity

Now that the temperature is falling, I can run late morning/afternoon. This is good, I can run after I get back from research work and there are not many people all over the place. With very few cars in the parking lot, I could safely run there.

I kept to mostly running on asphalt for this run. Still running 3 minutes: walking 2 minutes. My left knee was ok for most of the run. It only started to feel tight towards the last 10 minutes of the run. I guess the ITBS is not totally gone yet.

I was tempted to skip a short run this week but managed to keep to the schedule. I cannot afford to skip more runs at this stage of the training schedule.

For this Sunday's 1 hour 45 minutes run, I plan to keep to "run 3 minutes: walk 2 minutes". Even though I feel ready to run again after walking 1 minute, I think I should stick to walking 2 minutes for the long run. I'll probably spend an hour on the track and less time on the road. If my left knee is ok after 1:45, I'll push for a 2-hour long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment