Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1: Abandoned 10 mile run

Saturday (6:23pm)
Distance: 1.69 miles
Duration: 40:24
Pace: 23:52/mile
Shoes: Saucony Omni Ultimate 7



Weather.com is so wrong!

According to them, it's supposed to be sunny, 27C, 68% humidity, 0% (ZERO) chance of precipitation.

I got all my long run stuff ready (i.e., 1 extra bottle of gatorade, 1 bottle of water, both kept with ice packs in a mini cooler in my car). Put on lots of sunblock. Had my handheld bottle with gatorade and an energy gel in the pocket.

When I went out, it was surprisingly cloudy and cool. And then 7 minutes into the run it started to rain. I ran into the empty Eagles press tent and waited. After 10 minutes, the rain stopped and at that time, my goal was just to run until the sun set and that's it. It wouldn't matter if I didn't hit 10 mile. But 3 minutes later I could hear more rain coming towards me and this time I ducked into the sheltered corridor of the tennis center. I was pacing the corridor to get more "miles" in. After another 10 minutes of pacing, the rain stopped but there was still dark clouds above. I decided to abandon the run and headed home :(

I guess I'll have to wake up at 5:20am tomorrow to get that 10 miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment