Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2: Run 10 miles

Week 5 (long run): 10 miles

Sunday (4:42pm)
Distance: 10.00 miles
Duration: 2:29:26
Pace: 14:56/mile
Shoes: Saucony Omni Ultimate 7
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 23C, 90% humidity

Long runs are tough!

It's not just the physical and mental stress of the long run itself, even scheduling the time to do it and also taking into consideration the weather can be just as tough.

I had planned to run early this morning. But it started to pour at around 4am and continued on for a long time, so I slept in. I was going to push the long run to Monday morning but at around 4pm, the weather looked pretty good, so I decided to just get it done today.

I drove over to the parking lot so that I could keep the extra bottles of water and gatorade in my mini cooler and have easy access to them. Plus I won't have to walk through the muddy trails to get to the road for my run.

Finally, I managed to get out for my run. Then 4 miles into my run, it started to drizzle. But I was not going to abandon another run so I just kept running. Thankfully it was just a light drizzle and it stopped after some time.

I tried the GU chocolate outage flavor and I definitely liked the salty Powerbar gel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment