Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30: Run 12 miles

Week 9 (long run): 12 miles

Sunday (6:13am)
Distance: 12.00 miles
Duration: 3:14:01
Pace: 16:09/mile
Shoes: Saucony Omni Ultimate 7
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 17-19C, 95% humidity

Most painful run ever!

I started with 3 miles on the running track and that was ok. And then when I moved on to the roads that's when the soreness and pain on the outer side of my left knee started. It was really difficult to run. I tried the run 6 minutes: walk 1 minute, but once I stopped running and walked it was even more painful to start running again.

Looking back, I probably should have quit running by mile 5. But at that time I really wanted to get 12 miles in. So it ended up being a very slow and painful long long long run.

I'm guessing I'm experiencing the Iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS). I will take a few days off, ice my knee few times a day and do some stretches to hopefully help get rid of the ITBS.

I definitely did not enjoy this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment