Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12: Run 30 minutes

Preliminary training program: Run 30 minutes



Friday (6:01pm)
Distance: 2.56 miles
Duration: 30min 2sec
Pace: 11min 43sec per mile
Shoes: Asics Foundation 8
Weather: Partly cloudy, 25C, 67% humidity
Route: Trail by the stream to the stadium to the tennis courts (trail/road running)

It's too sunny and there's this dark cloud to the west. It's too humid. Maybe I'll skip today's run and go out tomorrow morning instead. Let me check tomorrow morning's weather...7am, 18C, Humidity 81%...Hmmmm cooler but more humid. Maybe I'll try an early morning run. Set my alarm for 6am and be out running by 6:30am. Sounds like a good idea....NOT!

That's the battle I was fighting before I finally made myself go out for today's run. I doubt I'll wake up at 6am to run. At least not for the moment. Later on, when I have incredibly long long runs that will take me hours, I'll have to make myself wake up at 5:30am just so I can catch some cooler temperature.

It was mostly cloudy when I started the run and then halfway through the sun came out full force. The humidity plus the direct sunlight plus the heat rising from the ground made this run rather hard to bear. Definitely took some effort to finish the run. I was very glad when the 30 minutes was up.

No comments:

Post a Comment