Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14: Run 5K

Preliminary training program: Run 30 minutes



Sunday (6:33pm)
Distance: 3.11 miles (5K)
Duration: 36min 29sec
Pace: 11min 43sec per mile
Shoes: Asics Foundation 8
Weather: Mostly sunny, 23C, 63% humidity
Route: Trail by the stream to the soccer field to the tennis courts (trail/road running)

Instead of running 30 minutes, I was inspired to run 5K by a friend who just completed her first 5K yesterday.

I was rather surprised that my pace was exactly the same as my last run. Not sure if I was expecting a faster or slower run. At the very least, the beginning of each run feels a little easier now. There's this small steep hill by the stream that used to take my breath away (literally) but now I can chuck along up that hill and not feel like I have to stop and walk.

I also felt the beginning of a small blister on the arch of my right foot. Blame it on the shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment