Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21: Run 4 miles

Preliminary training program: Run 4 miles

Sunday (6:22pm)
Distance: 4.0 miles
Duration: 51:19
Pace: 12:49/mile
Shoes: Asics GT2130 Trail
Weather: Mostly sunny, 23C, 68% humidity
Route: Trail by the stream to the stadium, on the road all the way pass the tennis courts to the track and then back on the trail to the stream.



Whenever I decide to run without walking, I always end up going really slow because I don't want to burn out, but I still end up feeling like it's a lot of effort for such slow running. So today I decided to incorporate some short walks and a water stop during my run. I took three 30seconds walks (miles: 1.4, 2.2, and 3.1) and took a large gulp of water at the water fountain by the stadium (mile 1.4). I believe the water stop and walks helped me cope with the running mentally.



At first I thought I will follow the 16-week Non-Runner's Marathon Training but after reading some forums and checking out other beginner marathon training schedules, I think I'll use the Hal Higdon's Novice 1 18-week schedule instead. I like that the long runs progressively get longer for 2 consecutive weeks and then drop back a little during the 3rd consecutive week. There's some breathing room once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment