Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 19: Run 8 miles (Running Schedule)

Week 3 (long run): 8 miles



Sunday (6:49am)
Distance: 8.01 miles
Duration: 1:44:49
Pace: 13:05/mile
Shoes: Nike Structure Triax+ 12
Weather: Sunny, 17C, 75% humidity

Week 3 completed!

I decided to go back to the Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer program instead of the Higdon. The longest long run in the Non-Runner's program is 18 miles and that should take me about 4 hours and I think that is long enough for me.



But since this program is 16 weeks but I started at 18 weeks before the marathon, I'll have to insert 2 additional weeks of training in there somewhere.

Today's run was ok. For hydration and fuel, I brought along 20oz (600ml) of Gatorade (US version of 100plus) and 3 Clif-shot blocks (energy sugar gummies). I started off really really slow. Ate the 3 Clif-shot blocks around mile 5 and didn't like it much. The gummies were sticking to my teeth.



By the time I passed mile 6, I realized I had to speed it up in order to finish in 1 hour 45 minutes. I don't know where that time limit came out from, I thought I was going to take it easy for long runs. Anyway, my run 5 minute:walk 1 minute strategy went out the window and I just tried to go as fast as I could sustain.

I think I sprained the middle toe on my right foot. The area below the right middle toe still feels sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment