Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30: Run 5 miles

Week 5 (second run): 5 miles

Thursday (5:57am)
Distance: 5.15 miles
Duration: 1:08:56
Pace: 13:22/mile
Shoes: Asics GT2130 Trail
Weather: Partly cloudy, 21C, 95% humidity



I'm the parking lot runner!

When this satellite picture was taken, so happened there was an event at the arena, so the parking lot was rather full. When I started my run this morning there wasn't a single car in the lot. At the end of my run, there were 2 cars in the lot.

I like running around the parking lot. It's quite flat when compared to the roads around here and I can duck underneath the shadow of the trees for some reprieve from the sun. Since all I need is more miles, the parking lot is one way to get that in. And when I run early in the morning, there are hardly any cars there.

As for the run, I kept it slow and steady today. I basically did the run 1 mile: walk 1 minute thing. Ended my run with no extraordinary aches or pain. It was very humid though but the light breeze helped some. I saw the sun rise over the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment