Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5: Run 6 miles

Week 1 (long run): 6 miles

Sunday (7:20am)
Distance: 6.01 miles
Duration: 1:21:59
Pace: 13:38/mile
Shoes: Nike Structure Triax+ 12
Weather: Mostly sunny, 17C, 64% humidity



I survived my first long run thus completed my first week of training!

The first 2 miles was tough. I kept thinking of the miles that I have yet to cover. My legs felt really heavy.

Things started looking up after I covered 3.5 miles. When I hit mile 4, I felt like a load has just been lifted off my shoulders and I picked up my pace a bit.

My strategy for the first 2 miles: run 1 mile, walk 1 minute. For the last 4 miles: run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute.

I was pretty decked up with gadgets during this run: garmin 305, interval timer watch, and iPod. I also brought along a water bottle filled with 16oz of gatorade and took a gulp after every mile.

Maybe I should have ran more and walked less, I don't know. I think I just wanted to complete the 6 miles and end up feeling pretty good, which I did. My legs survived the pounding, no extraordinary pain of any sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment