Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3: Run 3 miles

Week 1 (third run): 3 miles

Friday (6:13am)
Distance: 3.10 miles
Duration: 38:47
Pace: 12:30/mile
Shoes: Nike Structure Triax+ 12
Weather: Partly cloudy, 17C, 94% humidity

Another early morning run, even earlier than the last morning run. This time I left my iPod at home. The use of iPods is discouraged during running events, so I thought I should start weaning myself off music during my training runs. It was quite tough since all I could hear was my labored breathing, I'd rather hear music!

The grass were wet with dew and my shoes and socks ended up being soaked as well.



I'm beginning to really like the Nike Structure Triax+ 12 a lot. I can still remember the intense pain they caused my right foot the first time I wore them. I was almost limping home after the run. And once I was home, I had to ice my foot and I was still limping around for a few hours. Now that I've broken them in, I have to say I feel pretty fast (or not so slow) in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment