Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28: Run 3 miles

Week 5 (first run): 3 miles

Tuesday (7:07am)
Distance: 3.06 miles
Duration: 43:34
Pace: xx:xx/mile
Shoes: Nike Structure Triax+ 12
Weather: Partly cloudy, 19C, 85% humidity

Last night I decided I should add some "speed"work to my running routine. The plan was to run one lap around the track at a faster than usual pace and then walk half a lap and repeat that 4-5 times.

I did a slow jog to the running track and went round the track once to hit 1 mile. The Eagles training camp staff were already there sitting underneath a tent. The blow-up giant stuff for kids were already up. It felt really awkward running there but I was going to stick to my plan. Just as I was starting my first fast lap, a staff came over and told me that the track was closed and kicked me out of the track. I'm beginning to not like the Eagles!

In order to stick to the plan, I used the Garmin to set up intervals of 0.25 mile fast run: 0.13 mile walk and did the running on the cross country trail.

Today's run was a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment